Tuesday, July 22, 2014

pfSense - Opensource gateway/firewall

Here  I am telling about one distribution in BSD which I had used as a Gateway solution. It is pfSense , an open source firewall/gatway solution.

Following are the features in pfSense.

1. Firewall
2. NAT
3. Multi wan routing : this is one of the  main reasons I had chosen pfSense. I had 2 Internet connection. So if one of the link goes down pfSense automatically route traffic to the backup Internet connection.
4. VPN
5. DNS
6. DHCP
and more.


So simply we can say this a complete IT solution for an organization who wants to implement in low cost.

One more point about the configuration there is a good UI for managing and for viewing the reports.You can take the backup configuration as single file can restore easily if anything went wrong. For more details visit : https://www.pfsense.org/.

Here is a good tutorial for installation https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Installing_pfSense . I had installed it using live cd then I installed it to Hard Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which operating system you like most?